The Meater Plus Smart Wireless Thermometer can be seen as a luxury item however once you have tried it, especially for longer cooks you will wonder how you ever managed without it!
Our Review Of The Meater Plus Smart Wireless Thermometer
The Meater Plus Smart Wireless Thermometer is by far our favourite meat thermometer to use while grilling. While other thermometers certainly have their place in the world of BBQ the Meater has many advantages over most. The main advantages are:
Get to know Meater Plus
- It’s Wireless! No more creating cable entry’s into the BBQ or entanglements on the rotisserie!
- It’s Smart! It helps plan your cook by calculating the remaining cook time including resting time!
- It’s Bluetooth! No need to keep checking under the lid, with its bluetooth connectivity it sends live notifications straight to your smart phone with its own intuitive app!
- Dual Thermometer! Not only does it constantly monitor the temperature of the meat, it also monitors the ambient temperature inside the grill close to the meat! You know when to top up the coals or adjust the vents without looking!
- It’s a Gadget! We all love gadgets and while some can seem a little “gimicky” or useless, this gadget has got to be the most useful in the BBQ world and will change the way you BBQ!
- It looks smart! The wooden dock / charger for the Meater looks the business!
- Christmas! The Meater makes a perfect stocking filler for the BBQ King / Queen in your life!
- Choice! Meater offers 3 options, The basic (Single probe upto 10m bluetooth) The Meater Plus! Extended range upto 50m bluetooth and finally the Meater Block! The ultimate set for the real BBQ master, 4 x probes to monitor multiple cuts of meat simultaneously!
Our Cooks With The Meater Plus Smart Wireless Thermometer
- Rib Roast cooked on the rotisserie over a Weber Kettle Master Touch
- Rotisserie Turkey on the rotisserie over a Weber Kettle Master Touch
- Reverse seared Fillet Steaks on the Weber Kettle Master Touch
- Roast chicken in the oven!
Each cook came out perfect and it was fun to use. The app stores your cooks so you can refer to later.
We use the Meater Plus as opposed to the Meater basic as the extra range is great. My BBQ Shack is approx 25m from my house. I can comfortably leave the BBQ area and the app keeps me updated! Although I do like to hang out at the grill with a few beers during the cook!
50m Long Range Smart Wireless Meat Thermometer for The Oven Grill Kitchen BBQ Smoker Rotisserie with Bluetooth and WiFi Digital Connectivity
- Dual Sensors
- Cook guides
- App connectivity
- More expensive than some competitors
There are many recipes available for use with Meater Plus
Key Features of the Meater Plus Smart Wireless Thermometer
- Monitor your cook from a phone, tablet, Alexa, computer, over Bluetooth, WiFi, or the MEATER Cloud for the best wireless range.
- 2 Sensors, 1 Probe: Dual temperature sensors can monitor internal meat temperature up to 100°C and ambient / external temperature up to 275°C simultaneously.
- Guided Cook System: Walks you through every step of the cooking process to guarantee perfect and consistent results. You can also set up custom alerts / notifications based on temperature and/or time.
- Advanced Estimator Algorithm: Can estimate how long to cook and rest your food to help plan your meal and manage your time.
- Dishwasher Safe
- Bluetooth range upto 50 Meater!
- Bluetooth LE 4.0 wireless connection
- Maximum internal temperature: 100°C (meat)
- Maximum ambient temperature: 275°C (cooker)
- Stainless steel and ceramic construction
- Water resistant and easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- Rechargeable: Over 24 hours of continuous cooking
- Dimensions: 130mm length and 6mm diameter
- Built-in Bluetooth repeater extends range up to 50m
- Store and charge your MEATER probe
- Magnetic backing: Attach anywhere
- Charges MEATER up to 100 times with one AAA battery
- Real wood to match any kitchen or outdoor decor
- LED indicator to show battery state
- Dimensions: 157mm L x 37mm W x 28mm H
- iPhone and iPad apps for iOS 10.3 and later
- Android app for versions 5.0 and lat
Leave a Reply